This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Site uploading issues

I hope someone can get me lined out on this. I'm about as aggravated as I can get.Trying to get my site uploaded the way I want it seems to be mission impossible.I'll start by saying that I'm using Kompozer
as my web editor.I would think that what you create and upload would be one and the same,but apparently not.I've
uploaded all relevant images to bravenet before uploading my index page.Once uploaded and viewed,it's a mess.I then have to go into web editor to get my images
put into place.That's a pain and a ton of extra work.If I make a revision,same story, and some or none,of my revisions appear.Is it me,Kompozer,Bravenet,or what? Please advise.Thanks

Browser: Firefox

Re: Site uploading issues

I see a start to a site with nothing but red x's for your images

Guess because you have not uploaded the appropriate folder to your root directory where images are coded to be found

Try not to put spaces in your file names as spaces are not well liked

I don't know much about kompozer but do know some editors save things their own way so if not coded right when you get it online then won't work.

But if you save the template and just adjust text, images around for each of your pages you should be fine but some browsers may see your pages different as well too

I then have to go into web editor to get my images

Why?

1. Create a dedicated folder on your PC
2. Save everything for your site in that folder
3. Build the site on your PC
4. Test it on your PC
5. Upload everything in that folder

Thanks for the input Peter. That makes sense and I'll
give that a try when I'm done with everything.

Browser: Firefox