This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reclaiming domain help please

Hello

I was wondering if someone with a bit more experince than I might be able to help.
Im helping a friend who had pietanpublications.com
it apperas to be whois.tucows.com
nameserver is bravehost.com
We are using bravenet as a web hosting.
I guess what I need is to make sure we still own pietanpublications.com and i would like to make sure i renew the subscription. Well Thanks for looking at this. any advice would be great
Rob

Browser: internet explorer 8

Re: Reclaiming domain help please

For Starters the DOMAIN expired

It expired Dec 28, 2009 and your friend has waited all this time to ask what is going on

Apparently they didn't realize they have 2 aspects with their site

THE DOMAIN itself AND THEIR HOSTING which is with bravenet but they got the DOMAIN from Tucows

So your friend NEEDS to renew the domain immediately if they still want it as it is probably out there for someone else to purchase.

Your friends should look into when their hosting expired as well as that may have as well.

So they have some work to do with renewing their domain and their hosting if it also expired

And in the future BETTER RENEW WELL early so don't have this problem again. Too many people don't pay attention to where they got their domain, and then where they may be hosting the site as they could be different places.

Plus many don't pay attention to when their domain expires or when hosting expires because you have to keep track of both and renew well ahead of time in case run into problems again.

So if still want the domain get it now before someone else does