This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Uploaded images are not being displayed.

I downloaded a pre-made template for my website and I am having trouble with the images. The text is being displayed fine, but the images are not showing up at all. I don't know what the problem is.

If you could use more simple terms I would appreciate it, as I am new to creating and editing websites.

Thanks!

Jim

Browser: Google Chrome

Re: Uploaded images are not being displayed.

In your code, the url for your images is looking for them in an images folder but you have uploaded your images into your root.

This is how they look currently in your code:
http://radioactivebrainwaves.bravehost.com/images/logo.jpg

You either need to upload your images into an images folder or remove the /images, like this:
http://radioactivebrainwaves.bravehost.com/logo.jpg

Hope this helps.
Courtnie

Courtnie:

This is Jim's father, and I need to help him get this done. I ftp all the time and I have a server folder ready to go with all the files he downloaded for the site he is making. Can you tell me how to point the site to another server folder I am hosting, replacing the one you helped us with in your email. If that is not possible, can you tell us how to change the address to remove the /images? I am not familiar with your server so I need a little help.

Thanks

I'm not good at doing time zones in my head, but I suspect Courtnie has gone home by now. But I'm not sure if you understood her answer. I'm just dealing with the last part:

Just open the files in notepad, and delete the /images part. Save and upload again. There is no need to be "familiar with the server". Same thing you would do at any site anywhere.

(11.13 am? Told you. Time zone illiterate)

Corwings,

I went to the Bravenet text editor and I removed the "/images" part from the "map", "logo", and "button". This changed some of the images, like the button and logo are showing. Those two images were sort of free gifts the designer gave to the people who downloaded the template. I'm not exactly sure what the map is about, though. I did not find any urls about the banners that should be displaying on the top of the page.

Here is a link to what the website should look like, if it helps:

http://dragonrain.com/designs/preview/tables/Abstract/Retro-Design/

I did go in and change a few things of text, so it would say different things, but no actual coding was edited. For example, I changed "Site Name Here" at the very bottom of the page.

The banners at top of page are supposed to be there.

YOU have FREE HOSTING and the footer that is in blue under the banner NEEDS to be at the BOTTOM of your page.

If you don't want the banners and footer then upgrade to paid hosting

There is another file in your file manger called style.css you need to open that up and remove images/ everywhere you see it.

For example:
background: #2B2B2B url('images/bg1.jpg') no-repeat 20px 150px;

That line should like like this
background: #2B2B2B url('bg1.jpg') no-repeat 20px 150px;

You edit and save this file in the same way you edited the HTML.

Courtnie

Courtnie,

That fixed it! The template is how it should be now.

Thank you for your help!

Thank you as well, Corwings.

And Kevin, I'm sorry, I don't mean the advertisement banners. I am referring to the images at the top of my template, which are things such as a white tree. Sorry about that.