This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Redirected domain won't redirect!

Hello,
I have two domain names with Bravenet (wordboutique.net and THEwordboutique.net). I want www.THEwordboutique.net to redirect to "wordboutique" (in case people type in "the"), so I went through all the steps to redirect a domain name, but when I try to see if it works in my browser, it says that it's an "unconfigured site". I redirected it a week or so ago, so it should be active now. Does anyone have any clues as to why it's not redirecting?

Thanks!

Browser: Firefox

Re: Redirected domain won't redirect!

well I see a page that says under construction so no index.html page has been made is what that means

...But the whole purpose of "redirecting" a domain is just that...redirecting my domain address to my "main" address (www.wordboutique.net) where there is an index page, etc.

Because I simply redirected it, I thought I didn't have to create pages within that domain; otherwise I will just have duplicate websites to manage, which to me, defeats the purpose of redirecting multiple domain names!

Am I wrong????

Browser: Firefox

Hi Julie,

I had our director of customer support look into your issue. He noticed that you had a website set up for that domain as well as the redirect and it was confusing the system. He fixed it for you though and your redirect is now working. You many need to do a CTRL+F5 refresh in your browser to see the change take effect.

Courtnie

I use Bravenet add-ons, such as calendar. Added forum today, however it will not load in Opera, Chrome, IE and Firefox - giving me this error in Firefox. Cookies have been cleared.

http://www.frankdillman.com/political/teaparty/shakey/calcalbulletinboard.htm

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Browser: Firefox v 3.6.16

Frank this is an old topic if you needed help you should have started your own topic.

Your problem has to do with a FORUM you have and nothing with the actual topic that was started.

Probably assuming as well you have a coding issue with where you placed the link for your forum and what you already had.

Next time you have an issue START your own thread and not find one that doesn't even fit with your question or one that is not a year or more old