This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Uploading from Coffeecup Visual Site Designer.

Okay so, I'm very new to this but my friend, who has her own website and successfully got her's on to here from the same program, is trying to help me. I designed my site on Coffeecup's Visual Site Designer, and tried to upload it. I have all of my information right, but it says that my login is incorrect. My friend got something to upload from her computer onto my site, but when she tried it again, it didn't work. I don't know if it's my computer or what. Has anyone else had similar problems? What did you do to fix it?

Browser: Firefox

Re: Uploading from Coffeecup Visual Site Designer.

Have you uploaded the Index

What's the index?

Browser: Firefox

Your main page to your site needs to be in your root directory for starters

and named index.html

Please don't pub all sorts of spaces in your files and make sure any of your files with your page are uploaded correctly, linked correctly and more.

If you upload images that are supposed to be found in an images folder then you better have an images folder in your root directory area

Right now on the page you have some stuff can't even figure out the links and more.

With editors they save things their own way some times so as said need to make sure everything matches up

You can then name the rest of your pages something that fits the page

But keep it a simple name and as said don't use spaces as not best thing to have in file names use underscore or something

Just have to work with the program as I don't use this program anymore and anytime mixing and matching with more than 1 person working on a site could end up with problems