This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
bottom banner

Hi,

I've looked all over the forums, but can't find an answer to my questions. I am using the free service, so I understand that banner ads need to be on my page.

First, I was wondering about the font color of the bravenet links and "powered by bravenet.com". I have my website already created using my own HTML coding. I haven't uploaded my site yet. My background color is brown, so the blue text doesn't look right on my page. Is there a way to change this to a font color that I'm using on my site?

Second, can I remove the bravenet links and just have "powered by bravenet.com"?

Thanks.

Re: bottom banner

Just change the text color and you will have to keep the banners on a free site

Thanks for replying. Where do I change the text color? I pasted the code for my site into the text editor, and I have the font color set to a cream color. When I look at my page, the text color of the links and the 'powered by bravenet.com' is still blue. If I look at the code with the banners there, the code for the font color is there, but not in my own HTML file.

Also regarding 'powered by bravenet.com', I saw a site that had just this statement at the bottom of the page. The links were not there. They still had the banner at the top.

Also regarding 'powered by bravenet.com', I saw a site that had just this statement at the bottom of the page. The links were not there. They still had the banner at the top.
It would be a paid site then ??

don't know about color codes I can do them but not good at it

Jane K,

On free web sites, the user has no control over the banners at the top or the links at the bottom. You are stuck with them the way Bravenet wants to display them.

You will not see the banners and links in the code for your web page. You will only see them if you view your web pages on-line. The banners at the top are inserted by the web server, when your site pages are requested by a visitor. The banner insertion keys on your "body" tag to insure they happen at the top of the page. The links at the end are inserted when the server senses the end of the page.

If you look at the code for the links at the bottom, you will see that they have the font color set with a in-line style setting. Bravenet use to wrap all of the links in a named "div". But that allowed users to add a style to make them invisible but matching the color to their background, or making the font zero pixels. So they went to the in-line style, so users can not override the settings.

Of course, you could change your background to match the color of the links. Then you wouldn't see them any more. But that's pretty much a waste of time. The links will still be there, just not visible. The link separators will still be there, making it look a little odd. And, the link color makes a terrible background. I guess that's why they picked it.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. I knew that the banners have to be there if I am using the free service. It's too bad that we can't change the font text of the links on the footer banner.