This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I WANT TO START OVER - HELP

How do I do a complete redesign of my website and not delete the domain name I use?

Do I delete the site and then relaunch it after I have
my pages organized?

I need help!

Re: I WANT TO START OVER - HELP

Save all your files including index to your computer. add another web site to your existing list then reload it.

Thats one easy way.

The other way you could save all your files then reload the ones you want after you have put them right to your existing site and delete the ones you don't want

THX Glyn

So I save everything on my computer and then delete the information on Bravenet and the either redesign using one of the website design formats they have or reload mine....right?

What happens when Bravenet webmaster asks me for my domain name - it keeps saying it is already taken and I can't use it.

If I read you right you just want to redesign your website

Well did you use bravenet's editors to make your site or your own editors

The Domain is still yours unless it expires, and you don't renew timely

So what you would do is just redesign your website to your liking and upload the NEW pages/files etc

You can go in to your file manager and just delete the pages and start from scratch with your redesign of your website

YOU DO NOT have to sign up for a new site

Plus yes you tried to sign up for the name YOU ALREADY have and YOU CAN'T do that.

1. If you used the Wizard then just start again and don't publish until you are ready. The old site will be replaced
2. If you used a PC based editor just build the complete new site on your PC and then upload.

In both cases use File Manager to clean up any redundant files

3. If you used Bravenet's other editors to build your site then you don't have anywhere to keep work in progress until it is ready for publication. Download a PC based editor such as NVU then go to (2)

Browser: firefox