This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I need help transferring my website

below is a copy of the support ticket to/from bravenet support in an effort to get my website, www.kirk-websites.com to be reestablished. Bravepages obviously is being phased out and my site was rerouted without my knowledge to Bravenet. In an effort to get my website back online I paid to have my domain transferred to Bravenet(see below ticket). I believe Bravenet wants me to spend more money to move my wesite over to Bravenet but I'm not sure what they want or how to do it? Note that the posts are from bottom to top
=====================================================

Bravenet Web Services Support [Tyler - Hosting Account Manager] February 1, 2010 08:52:09
Was this reply helpful?
Dear Charlie Kirk,

Where you want to point the domain name for hosting is up to you. We don't currently control the domain name so we don't manage the domain nameservers. We can't really help with that aspect unless the domain name is transferred over to Bravenet.

The domain name transfer attempt could not be completed because incorrect information was submitted with the order. This domain name transfer order failed due to invalid authorization information. This means that the domain transfer code you provided was rejected by your registrar.

The domain transfer code or EPP is a password on your domain specific to domain transfers. It would not be the same as your login information with the current registrar. Viewing or editing this code should be a part of your account management with the current registrar, but in some cases you will need to contact their support to get the correct information.

The domain transfer code is between 6 and 16 characters long, and is case sensitive.

Bravenet can restart the domain transfer for you at no additional cost, but you must obtain the domain transfer code and pass that information to us through this support ticket.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
===================================================
Member [CHARLIE KIRK] January 31, 2010 18:06:58
after my last post, my website is up when I look and next time it isn't?
====================================================
Member [CHARLIE KIRK] January 29, 2010 14:27:21
I just copied this following from The 0catch (bravepages) forum:

For users that have signed up their domain names through Bravepages.com, we are experiencing problems with the bravepages.com domain name which has not resolved yet in our system. This is causing problems with the sites not being able to be viewed and also with email. We were fairly certain that the issue would take care of itself within a few days. This has not been the case. Because we are unsure of how long it will take for the changes to bravepages.com to propagate and reflect the correct information we are providing a work around for this problem.

If your domain name is not viewable and your email is not working it's likely the name servers for your domain are set to,

ns1.bravepages.com
ns2.bravepages.com

To fix this problem you need to change the name servers to,

ns1.0catch.com
ns2.0catch.com
(those are numerical zeros)

To make those changes you will need to log into your domain name administrative account. This can be found through the company you registered your domain name with. That is where you will be able to make the changes to the name servers.

This was a general statement to Bravepages clients and is probably what is causing the problem but the fact remains that I paid to try to get around that because Bravenet gave me an avenue and Bravepages did not. I would like to remain with Bravenet but I need help. Please.
=================================================

Member [CHARLIE KIRK] January 29, 2010 12:14:21
obviously if I could, I would have, since you asked for it in the previously note. It shows in my transaction history and if forced, I can fax you the printout of the receipt from the account manager.
Bravenet Web Services Support [Doug - Support Technician] January 29, 2010 11:56:16
Was this reply helpful?
Dear Charlie Kirk,

Can you copy and paste the actual receipt from the email we would have sent you here in this ticket please.
================================================
Member [CHARLIE KIRK] January 29, 2010 11:48:42
the invoice number is Bn-668383-9145530-86921 = transaction date:1/22/2010 -
Bravenet Web Services Support [Doug - Support Technician] January 29, 2010 11:38:07
Was this reply helpful?
Dear Charlie Kirk,

Could you please copy and paste the receipt that you received when making this purchase, into the reply of this ticket and we will gladly look into this for you. If you have used Paypal, please ensure to include the email address of the account used and the Transaction ID # with the receipt.
===================================================
Member [CHARLIE KIRK] January 29, 2010 11:11:29
My site is still down. I paid 8.95 to transfer my domain from bravepages to bravenet. I want to enter either of my URLs, www.ckdoublenecks.com or www.kirk-websites.com into my browser and access either of my websites. It shouldn;t be so difficult to get help.

Charlie Kirk

Posted From: http://pub9.bravenet.com/help/postquestion.php

Browser: IE