This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Free hosting limit - After deletion, no publishing yet.

I have a site that has now only 4.2 mb space. However trying to make some changes and publishing it keeps telling me to upgrade or delete files.

Strange that its now at 4.2md and not 5.0mb so what is the problem? mandatory upgrade?

Browser: firefox

Re: Free hosting limit - After deletion, no publishing yet.

Your updates must be taking you over the 5mb, it happened to me before I upgraded.

I have settled for the 4.2mb which will suffice for now. do i need to delete more to enable room for publishing?

I remember a message recently saying that there were signs that deleting files didn't have immediate effect. And sometimes it seems that people have been people have been able to upload a lot more than the limit before they were blocked. So maybe blocking/unblocking isn't automatic, but a process that is run once a day (or on alternate Mondays, but for your sake, I hope the former). Wait a day or two, and see what happens.

Thanks Corwings,

I will wait and see.

IF I exceed my usage limit on one of our servers at work deleting files does not reduce my allowance until the server's trash can folder is emptied.

Bravenet have never said but from other posts here it sounds as if their servers are configured in the same way.