This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do i Publish from a template

I started off using the website wizard to publish, but wasn't happy with it so decided to use a template instead. But I cant seem to change from using the website wizard to using my template as the work i did with the wizard still remains.

Can please help with how i can stop using the wizard and use the template instead or will I have to start again?

Thanks

Craig

Browser: Google Crome

Re: How do i Publish from a template

Can please help with how i can stop using the wizard and use the template instead or will I have to start again?

Craig, that was a really, really weird sentence. If you drop the Wizard and use a template (and you should!) you will have to start again. Isn't that what you want?

If you are looking for a button to click to turn Wizard pages into template pages, sorry. Despite names like Wizard, this is the real world. No magic.

Maybe better to concentrate on your subject line, instead of nitpicking over sentences:

You just upload the finished pages created from your template. As soon s they are uploaded, they are "published".

Forgive me. It's just as you may have gathered I'm not the best with computers. The links are all set up. I'm Just having a problem changing the homepage from the one created in the wizard to the one I made with the template.

Could you guys help me with with how to do that?

Craig

Browser: Google chrome

Craig, are you under the impression that a template is like a coat of paint? Something you can slap onto an existing site?

Well, it isn't. A copy of a template is your page. It just doesn't have your content in it yet. so you open a copy of the template file on your computer, and start editing. When you like the resulting page, you upload it to your host. Changing an existing wizard page into that page isn't possible.

Got it. Deleted all the files created by the wizard in file manager. Now the homepage created by the wizard plagues me no more.

Thanks for your help.

Craig

Browser: Google chrome