This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Replayable Chessbase files

I am trying to upload some replayable Chessbase files to my site. The graphic is corrupted at the right hand side of the board, although there is nothing wrong with the original file. An example is here. Can anyone help please?

Browser: Firefox

Re: Replayable Chessbase files

Oh!
First reaction: "Of course there is something wrong with the original file, he just didn't notice".

Then I opened the left frame in a new window:
http://7greenhill.bravehost.com/basterfielddenhamb.htm

I don't have a solution at the moment. But what you are saying does actually happen. (Maybe you took that for granted, then you haven't been around these forums a lot)

A guess (I have to be elsewhere about now, so haven't really much time for closer study) is that the frames somehow interfere. Bravehost doesn't really support frames, and as you see there are other good reasons not to use them. If you look at the main page, you will see that the code becomes quite mangled as advertising code etc. is added.

Just couldn't quite let it go. Now, I never use frames, except for situations like this. So I'm not very good at it. But I created a version of your site, fixing a little of this and a little of that, mostly removing Bravenet code, but probably changing some of your code as well. The resulting page looks OK, in this browser at least.

I didn't take notes, but if you compare the two, you'll probably see what changes made the difference.

Thanks for your quick response, Corwings. I have fixed the problem by getting rid of the frames - example.

Browser: Firefox