This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WELCOME PAGE

Hi thank you for the response on my query. I only created 1 website. I listed myself in a directory elsewhere and put my website address there. Anybody who then wishes to see the website just clicks on that and my website should open. The problem is that the website opens with a welcome page only (which i did not put up)and the description is not what I want. But when I type my website address in the address bar, the website comes up correctly. Have I done something wrong when I first created the website. Please help.

Re: WELCOME PAGE

OK, you have shown us what we should see if things work properly. Now try giving us a link to the problem then we might be able to give an answer.

Three things:

1) If you want help with this, don't start yet another thread, but post to one of the two you have already started.

2) Posting essentially the same message for the third time may bump your message to the top, but no one can help you if you don't give us any information.

3) It may be a good idea to actually read your answers before posting again. Especially if you do not immediately realize what information you forgot to give us.

Sorry still new at bravnet. You can view the link at www.hotfrog.co.za. Just type in childrens parties and where it says location type in kwazulu natal. I have also typed my address in the address bar from another computer and it comes up with the welcome page. Only if I type it in from the computer that I originally designed the webpages from does it come up correctly. I am not sure if you type the website in from your computer if you are receiving the correct website that I designed or if you are getting the welcome page.

OK. Doing the typing and searching etc. brings us to Hotfrogs Jack and Jill parties page.

From there, I followed a link that says:
http://jackandjillparties.bravehost.com/

And that is a page identical to the one linked to in your message.

Now if you type in this in your computer, and get to different page, there are several explanations. You sound fairly rational, so I'll skip the most obvious one.

However, you seem to have a Wizard page. So what you see may be what you created by going outside the Wizard to edit. When you go back, you see cached files in Temporary Internet Files on your computer. If this theory is right, you forgot that you left the Wizard, and at some time clicked Publish again. So the site return to the original Wizard page, which is what the rest of the world sees.