This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Footer "floats all over the page

I'm currently testing a new site here and writing the code (slowly as this is new to me) myself. I plan to have a banner free site once it's up and operational.

But for now the free site will do until the pages are more polished.

What seems to happen on every page I create (sub pages to the main page) is the mandatory footer "floats" all over the place and shows up in the middle of the text or graphics. Since they add the code out of my view to modify, I can't figure out what to do to make the footer stay at the foot of the page.

Can anyone tell me the code line(s) I need to insert to keep the footer at the bottom of the page.

Sorry for the rookie question but this is very new to me.

Browser: FF

Re: Footer "floats all over the page

well all body content of your site goes in between the opening and closing body tags

you probably have the footer at top because of way you have done your page

looks to be hidden behind the huge image you have on your main page

But with the free hosting the footer goes at bottom and the banners are at top

you have coding in their for absolute positioning if that is causing your issues here also

You may have to remove your coding for absolute positioning

The way I have the code is:

html
body
and that is at the very top.

Then all the code I wrote is in this section which is ended with at the very bottom:

/body
/html

I can't put it here (it becomes invisible) but each tag has a < and a > closing the tag.

I assumed that this would keep my stuff in the middle of the header and footer.

Browser: FF

The footer is moving because of the position absolute of your main photograph. Try using floats instead, but make sure to clear them.