This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hosting

Is it easy to use bravenet hosting?

Browser: google chrome

Re: Hosting

Depends

Some say yes they like bravenet others who have paid hosting and business sites here would not agree with you

I myself would look at better places

I have several sites with pro hosting on Bravenet servers. For the most part I have been happy with them. I do wish they supported Perl but you cannot have everything.

I usually code everything from scratch so I do not use their online page editors and creators. I do like that they recently implemented secure FTP (SFTP).

I would recommend Bravenet to a more novice user. If you are more than that I would recommend something less expensive, but less beginner friendly. That being said it’s even good for an experienced user but has too many tools (like the blogs, guestbooks,..etc) webmasters will not use. They do seem to experience downtime more often then I would expect from such an expensive host.

If you are more experienced I would find something more in tune with a webmasters needs.

Hopefully some of this info helps.

Bravenet provide a lot more support for the novice than most. My main hosting service is cheaper, more reliable, has phone support but it is my responsibility to know how to be a webmaster, they don't help me in that area at all.

Browser: firefox

I also prefer to do it from scratch, it seems like you have more control over the page and can make it closer to the way you like. The web-builders just make it harder for the novice in the long run.

Browser: Firefox 3.6 RC1