This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can anyone tell me what is error means?

Sorry! You are not authorized to view this page...

You might not have permission to view this directory or page. If you are attempting to browse a directory, it is possible that directory browsing has been disabled by the site owner.

Browser: mozilla

Re: Can anyone tell me what is error means?

Two possibilities:
1. You haven't created an index.html file for your site
2. You have exceeded your space allowance for hosting

Browser: firefox

kk im getting same error and

1. Disk Space: 33.8 MB of 5.0 MB
so thats not it
2. index.html Main Page and its is edited and published

Also i checked in the all web pages have disappeared from the file manager but are still in my website wizards were i can edit and publish. but i get the same error.

Web has ran fine before now

Browser: firefox

Tammy
Sorry! You are not authorized to view this page...

You might not have permission to view this directory or page. If you are attempting to browse a directory, it is possible that directory browsing has been disabled by the site owner.

Tammy did some research on forum and found the servers r down look at http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2055467258&frmid=4&msgid=840140&cmd=show

Since you had to bring up an OLD TOPIC Charms I hate to tell you but the server is not an issue. Tammy's issue may have been what we posted to her as it is 5 months after the fact of her post.

You posted your problem as below:

kk im getting same error and

1. Disk Space: 33.8 MB of 5.0 MB
so thats not it
2. index.html Main Page and its is edited and published

Also i checked in the all web pages have disappeared from the file manager but are still in my website wizards were i can edit and publish. but i get the same error.

Web has ran fine before now

1. Your issue is your SPACE ISSUE you have used well over the 5.0 limit if your space is 33.0 as you posted.

So need to go through your files and clear out some HUGE files or any images you may have may be WAY too big and causing your space limit issue. Need to resize them with a graphics program down to an appropriate size. Use irfanview or something

Also you mentioned that you see your files in the wizard and not the file manager area. Well did you use the wizard to make your site and other pages then yes you will see them their and you should publish your pages their IF YOU ARE USING the WIZARD EDITOR ONLY. If you move away and go to the visual/text editor then you have to save your files and edit their and DO NOT GO BACK TO THE WIZARD

All pages of your site are down due to as said you have used well over your space limit allowed because you have a free hosted/free subdomain here at bravenet

So better start getting your space well below the 5.0 or upgrade to paid hosting so you can have more space.

The Free subdomain/free hosted site is only designed to be a basic little site not a big huge site anymore as they have decreased the space allotment.

i am experiencing the same problem.
myh website was running fine. until one day i just published it without adding anything to it.. cz i had not signed into my account from many months so thought of just publishing.. i didnt add any stuff and after that publishing.. i started getting this error.

''Sorry! You are not authorized to view this page...
You might not have permission to view this directory or page. If you are attempting to browse a directory, it is possible that directory browsing has been disabled by the site owner ''

if space is the issue then why didnt the website give us da warning of overload.. i dont get it :S
why sudden disabling ??

bravenet informed of changes long ago. You should keep up better with your site.

Why have one if you are not even going to pay attention to it

But you are probably over the space limit now which has changed to only 5mb instead of what it previously was when you probably got it

So need to go through any LARGE files you may have like images and resize them down to an appropriate size and more things and as said once get that space down below 5mb

Or if you deleted your homepage which is supposed to be index.html then you have that issue as well.