This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help! how do I get out of the Website Wizard?

I started using the Website Wizard, but I have decided I would rather use a text editor and upload thru ftp. Bravehost says I need to exit Website Wizard in order to do that, but I can't figure out how. I deleted all of the Wizard files, but it's still there! Help!

Browser: IE

Re: help! how do I get out of the Website Wizard?

This is all that is on your web site

Welcome to Princess Kelebek's Website!

This website is the personal website of musician, poet, and dancer Princess Kelebek and will feature Turkish music and bellydancing

Last updated: January 6, 2010

Try just uploading from the text editor

Re: help! how do I get out of the Website Wizard?

The Website Wizard and any content you have added will always be there.

From within the Wizard, you can delete all of the pages you created and the content of the home page. Then use the "Websites" tab. Select your web site name and then the File Manager. In the File Manager, delete all of the files that the Wizard created. Then, never go back into the Wizard. If you are using some other method of designing your web pages, there is nothing left in the Wizard that is of use. Yes, that included the "publish website" link. That link is no longer needed.

Beyond that, there is not practical way of getting rid of Wizard. Whatever you left in the will always be there, but if you never go back, who cares.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....