This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Downtime

Anybody else been caught out by this unannounced scheduled downtime.

Here is a plan for the future.

Tell us your going to do it.

and tell us how long for and exactly when so we can plan around it.

It is not rocket science and its professional. This is just Micky Mouse.

Re: Downtime

Steve
Anybody else been caught out by this unannounced scheduled downtime.

Here is a plan for the future.

Tell us your going to do it.

and tell us how long for and exactly when so we can plan around it.

It is not rocket science and its professional. This is just Micky Mouse.

Agreeance. Unbelievable that they can just pull the plug all night and have the cute little "back online in a moment" message all night. Not the first time they've done this, and won't be the last. Be nice if there were anyone there with just a hint of common sense to keep their customers in the loop as to what's going on.

I agree. First I was aware was when I got a text asking why we were down. A pre-warning would be nice.

Just tried to update and that message is still there

10.44 am

Could somebody at Bravenet actually tell us how long we will be down for. Any sort of estimation would be nice in order that we can plan

Important Notice
Our apologies but the page you are trying to reach cannot be displayed because we are experiencing technical difficulties.

Members of the Bravenet administration team have been notified and are working to resolve the issue. Please check back shortly. If the problem persists you can reach Bravenet support via http://support.bravenet.com
Thank you for your patience,
- the Bravenet Team

About 7 hours in and still not a peep from Bravenet. Great job guys. Can you put the donation thing up at least so we can buy you an energy drink? That's so cute...

Now I am getting told i'm forbidden/not authorized to view the page. This is getting worse.

ILS
Now I am getting told i'm forbidden/not authorized to view the page. This is getting worse.

Sorry! You are not authorized to view this page...

Glyn
ILS

Sorry! You are not authorized to view this page...

That's the message

Who woke them up

It is back

love how I get up this morning and all my email in all 5 boxes is missing...thanks again, bravenet, for never announcing anything...all my email better be there when you guys decide it's worth your time to come back up!!

edited to add...I just saw the post ahead of me...my email is still not back up

karenkpc
love how I get up this morning and all my email in all 5 boxes is missing...thanks again, bravenet, for never announcing anything...all my email better be there when you guys decide it's worth your time to come back up!!

edited to add...I just saw the post ahead of me...my email is still not back up

my site or email is not up either

thank you, ILS, that makes me feel better, although none of us should be having this problem...

karenkpc
thank you, ILS, that makes me feel better, although none of us should be having this problem...

my site up although slow

email slow now as well, bits coming through

Had this problem with another Server 2 years ago. we all got a refund

Mines down a bloody again. This is really starting to annoy me now. What's the point in paying for a professional service when all you get is problems

yup, same here, and agreed, been with these folks a long time, but I have so had it with stuff like this.

karenkpc
yup, same here, and agreed, been with these folks a long time, but I have so had it with stuff like this.

In once point I'm glad it is not just me that it's down on and i've not messed something up, but on the other hand I am furious that we have to go through this yet again.

No problems here

Glyn
No problems here

I want moved to whatever server you are on

ILS
Glyn
No problems here

You cut me OFF

Glyn
ILS
Glyn
No problems here

You cut me OFF

You offline too now?

Yes

But your not

1. Forums now open.

You'll need to register to view forum content. Registration is free, and only takes a minute. Have fun.

Good morning!

As you are all aware we had some downtime last night due to some hardware maintenance. This was scheduled and announced in advance in our support area. As stated in our support area it was supposed to last fifteen minutes to a half an hour maximum. In fact, we had everything prepared in advance. All we needed to do was restart the servers. Unfortunately, due to issues beyond our control it took much longer then expected.

The root cause was a bug in the firmware update process which pretty much locked us out of our customer website data (it rendered it too slow to be usable). After much much trial and error and discussion with our hardware vendors' support people; our admin team managed to find the right combination of things to get it working.

This is one of those nasty issues that are hard to forsee and time consuming to fix. Most of our servers took the update just fine, the final 2 decided to fail. We posted updates in our support center but next time we will make sure something ends up in here as well, with more frequency. Had we known it was going to take much longer then fifteen minutes initially we would have made sure something got posted here too well in advance.

I am terribly sorry for all the inconvenience this had caused. Our administration team was working around the clock to get everything resolved. They send their sincere apologies to all of you as well.

We had a minor issue again this morning but things should be back to normal now. If you are still experiencing problems or have any questions or concerns please come see us in the support center.

Tim

I have been seeing the notices of the expected down time for maintenance at

support.bravenet.com right at the top in a box area

Just like the issues with people not seeing their 2009 statistics notice was up there for a week

But Yes I do agree perhaps PEOPLE will better see things if posted perhaps in one of the forums

So I am satisfied that it does take time with maintenance and more and well if people do check at least page above might see notices in future

And not jump when page is down during a scheduled time or OPEN A TICKET if it is down

Myself 20 threads all on same topic BRAVENET IS DOWN is too much

kk downtime was yest so what is the prob this morning?

Charms since you had to bring up an OLD TOPIC

the DOWNTIME is tonight at 10:30 pm pacific time

DID you read that post

I guess not

You have another issue