This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How to publish from a template page ?

I did not use the wizzard but a template page.
But there is nowhere a "publish" tab only on the wizzard page.
How can I link my pages to the wizzard or how can I publish my page another way ?

Sorry, I did it once before and now a year later I get stuck.

Re: How to publish from a template page ?

May give you some tips until someone answers

http: //wiki.bravenet.com /Special:Search?title=Special%3ASearch&search=template&fulltext=Search&match_all=1&ns0=1&ns10=1&ns100=1&ns102=1

You only need to publish if you are using the website wizard. But if you created your site originally in the website wizard then you need to create other pages for that site from there as well. You can not mix methods when it involves the website wizard.

If you created your site using a regular template and edited it using our editors then you simply need to save and your changes will appear on your website. If you edited on your own computer then you need to upload your files with FTP.

But you can not use the website wizard and then edit your site using the file manager. If you are using the website wizard all changes must me made and published that way.

I hope this helps. I am a little unsure of what you are trying to do / have done exactly.

I used a 3rd party template.

I've loaded all parts of the template in the Bravenet File Manager.

I've personalized using the editors.

I'm now ready to publish.

The content comes up nicely but none of the graphic files although they are all in the file manager. I've tried uploading them but they don't show up on the website like the content.

Browser: Internet Explorer

Anita,

Your stylesheet (.css) is trying to find your images in a images folder but it looks like you uploaded your images into your root. So you either need to move the theme images to a images folder or take out the images/ part in your stylesheet.

Hope this helps,
Courtnie

Courtnie, thank you for your quick response. At first I didn't understand how to make an image folder. I tried creating a file and of course, that wasn't it.

And I could change the stylesheet but then I wouldn't learn anything. Everything I've read says it's better to make an image folder.

But then I did a google search and found you here:
http://www.bravenet.com/newsletters/tips/archive/may2008.html

And this time I read that creating a directory is the same as making a folder. (Who new? Directory sounds so ... serious whereas a folder seems so ... casual.)

So I made a directory/folder 'images', then went into my index to confirm they matched.

And voila! I have my website.

Thank you!

Anita.

Browser: Internet Explorer