This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
subdomain

help please..
I have created a subdomain of my main site. I have uploaded the files and i can see index.php in the directory. When i try to access the site, it states nothing has been loaded. I've had a paid account here for the past 4 years but this is my 1st subdomain i've created. How long do i have to wait before i can access?

Browser: firefox

Re: subdomain

Well I can't access index.php
Are you sure you uploaded it to the correct directory?

it's in the root.. http://www.genealogy.ramapoughlenapenation.org/index.php

contains:
/**
* Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads
* wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
* @package WordPress
*/

/**
* Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.
* @var bool
*/
define('WP_USE_THEMES', true);

/** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */
require('./wp-blog-header.php');
?>

it is configured correct.

If you are positive that your index.php is in the correct place then double check that you don't have multiple files with the name index. If you created an index.php it is possible that the index.html is still there - unless you manually delete it. If you do have multiple index files then delete the one you are not using.

Courtnie

Thank you.. i just saw this in another forum. i didn't realize the index.html was still present. I deleted it so now i guess i wait and see if it connects me.. thanks!

I have removed index.html, leaving index.php and still getting "under construction" msg. anything else i have forgotten?

I see your subdomain just fine. Try forcing a couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R) when you are trying to view your site.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

I'm good now.. thank you all!

where to create subdomain and edit the A RECORDS? I cant seems to find the place to create.