This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
copyright

How do i put a copyright at the bottom of my page? do i just type it there or is there some other way?

Browser: internet explorer

Re: copyright

I just typed mine in

< DIV align=center > Copyright© 2004 Glyn Lockett. All Rights Reserved. < /DIV >
< /SPAN > < /P >

Forgot how I did it now

Just copy it close the gaps and change the name

The copyright information already exists on your web pages, but the font is white and the background is so light, it's almost invisible.

Since the Website Wizard doesn't really give you the option of changing the font color, your best bet it to adjust for a darker background so the information is more visible. You might also want to make the font a litter bigger. If you use the "Code Editor" tab when you edit your footer, your footer information looks like the following. The "h6" is controlling the font size.

Code:
<h6><DIV align=center>Copyright &#169; 2009 good friday band. All Rights Reserved.</DIV> <DIV align=center><BR> </DIV></h6>

Change the "h6" at the beginning and end to something like "h3", to make the font bigger.

If you also want to change the color, you can do that while you are viewing your footer information in the "Code Editor" mode. All you need to do is add color information to the "div" that is wrapped around your copyright information. For example, the following code will change the color of your footer information to "Indian Red".

Code:
<h3><DIV <span style="font-weight:bold;">style="color: rgb(205, 92, 92);</span> align=center>Copyright &#169; 2009 good friday band. All Rights Reserved.</DIV> <DIV align=center><BR> </DIV></h3>

A good source of color information can be had at W3Schools - HTML Color Names.

Also, you are using too many spaces to format your page content. This causes "non-breaking" spaces to be added to your pages to put your text where you want it. The can make your pages look really strange in different browsers that might have different font settings. You should only be using the paragraph controls available to you in the Wizard's editors. This will keep your pages looking the same in all browsers.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Thanks Philo now I know where it came from and I have just changed mine to < h3 > but there was no code for size there originally.
PS it is not on the site I use here