This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
website doesn't seem to be resolving to our servers !!!!!!!!!!

Not computer literate and need help please, getting this message:

According to an internal test your website doesn't seem to be resolving to our servers (yet). Please be aware that any changes you've made or features you've enabled here may not work if the public cannot reach your site. If you've recently transferred or registered this domain please check back shortly as the changes may not have taken effect (they could take up to 24-72 hours depending on the settings of your previous dns provider). If you've been making changes to your dns records you may have rendered your site unreachable.

Re: website doesn't seem to be resolving to our servers !!!!!!!!!!

A link to the site would help a lot as would knowing what you had been doing.

Without any background info we don't know if there is a problem or if you just need to wait a while for things to work through the byzantine way in which the net manages domain names.

How do I do this, and where do I find it!! Sorry I am such a nightmare!! Need an idiots step by step guide...

In order to activate your domain with your Bravenet hosting account you will need to change your domain nameservers to the following:
ns11.bravehost.com
ns12.bravehost.com

You need to make this change through your registrar.

Have you tried looking here ??

http://wiki.bravenet.com/Category:Domains

You have a .uk domain. Bravenet aren't authorised to register .uk which means that you are using a different company as registrar. You need to make a note of the Bravenet nameserver information and then log in to your account with your registrar and follow their instructions.

I am assuming of course that you have actualy registered your domain and that the link you gave contains a typo. That one doesn't exist at all.

Peter
You have a .uk domain. Bravenet aren't authorised to register .uk which means that you are using a different company as registrar. You need to make a note of the Bravenet nameserver information and then log in to your account with your registrar and follow their instructions.

I am assuming of course that you have actualy registered your domain and that the link you gave contains a typo. That one doesn't exist at all.

I have bought the name www.dogwalksuk.co.uk from https://www.cheapdomainnames.co.uk/domains.html, looked on their site but still unsure what to do? When I finally work it out will this allow the search engines to find it? Was quite excited about doing this but now getting really stressed cause I have not got a clue what I'm doing!!

You figured it out? Your link takes us nowhere, but that is because you spelled "dog" with an h.

The site seems OK, says "Bisto" is a 13 month labrador cross.

As for search engines, that is up to you. Go there, submit your site.

thanks x