This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Publishing not working for me - yep another **** lol

Hi,

I've gone through the messages and checked the answers but don't seem to be able to find the answer.

I've tried several different options to publish but it ain't going nowhere!
I predominately use my macbook pro but I have a number of computers here for testing purposes including windows xp2 home and business versions as well as vista home and business, all on completely different hardware, so I believe i've eliminated the os as the issue so it has to be user error.

First I had the same 'under construction' problem described, but after republishing for three days it worked - with absolutely no difference to anything that I had done in terms of content or the method used to publish.
BUT
it doesn't save changes. I have a paid account, not a free one, so space is not an issue.
So I have the first page published - well half of it at least. It won't save changes to the page title, or the rest of the text I type.

The second page did not save anything past creating it and publishing just that. When I published the second page I selected all files including the already published ones, still did not update. when i check the files they do not contain the content I have entered. The problem appears to be in saving before publishing, rather than in publishing itself.

Here's a little sidetrack to complicate - somewhere along the line I've uploaded files through the ftp applet, and also through my own ftp program, and also somehow ended up using the website wizard which is where i am at presently. I honestly don't remember purposely choosing the wizard which goes to prove building websites ought not to be done at 1am after three days of no sleep.

Do you think I've confused the poor thing?
Would that be enough to stop it from publishing changes? The part is has published was through the wizard, and have not changed methods since it moved past the under construction issue.

I'm tempted to scrap it and start again.
Any thoughts?

cheers.

Browser: Safari - Firefox - Explorer 3 different versions...

OS: mac osx 10.5.8 - windows xp sp2- windows vista home - windows vista business

Re: Publishing not working for me - yep another **** lol

I think I've fixed it... or found a workaround at least.

It won't save any updates unless I make sure I am in code view in the wizard when I hit save, regardless of which view was used to create or modify the content. If I'm not in code view when I hit save it says it has saved but doesn't. Works every time if in code view.

I was going to delete my post but I thought might be helpful to leave it here for anyone else who has the same issue or for bravenet staff to utilize to fix the bugs in future updates.

cheers!

Browser: Safari - Firefox - Explorer 3 different versions...

OS: mac osx 10.5.8 - windows xp sp2- windows vista home - windows vista business