This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
can not publish

I made some corrections to my site it says that my publish feature has been disables due to being over 5.0 mb I deleted some pages that i did not need and I know that it is way below that. please help would like to update my site.

Browser: explorer

Re: can not publish

"I deleted some pages that I did not need"
sounds as if you think that pages matter. Unless you are writing novels the pages themselves aren't likely to contribute much. How many images have you uploaded? What sizes?

It is right your pages have NOTHING to do with your space exactly

Now if the vendors and products pages had HUGE images on them then yes you may have gone over the limit of 5mb of space

or upload space allotted when you publish a page or something

So you need to go look at your images. Too many people tend to upload digital images and don't realize THAT THEY NEED to be sized DOWN TO AN APPROPRIATE SIZE

so if you have images then get irfanview and resize those images to an appropriate size

Images that are over 1mb and more will use up your space and more and images shouldn't not even be that big

Since what pages you do have don't have images.

5mb of space can be used up really quickly as that is all you have here with bravenet.

If you need more space might look elsewhere

But if you want a SMALL little site then it will work here but as said if you need a more detailed site then look elsewhere. There are places that do allow you more space out there. I have my site elsewhere even though don't have a domain just a free subdomain. Really right now can't afford a domain.

the site is up and running now.

From a number of posts here it is clear that simply deleting a file does not clear the space immediately, you need to wait for Bravenet to clear the trashcan on that server.

This isn't a Bravenet thing, it is now servers work, the same thing happens to me at work if I exceed a usage allowance.