This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
published site

Hi,

I just want to verify that the site I uploaded via file manager and ftp is published. As I saw no option to publish it. I am handling all the tech stuff for my customer as this is his site.

Thank You,

lou

Browser: explorer

Re: published site

Well looks published to me

If you uploaded it via the file manager you are fine

Just watch your space as you only have so much space with free hosting

Publishing is a very overused word. Everyone expects to see a button or link to make their site available to the internet.

The File Manager views all of the files and folders on your web site. Everything you see from the File Manager is already available to the internet. If you open a file in a editor, and then save your changes, you are immediately "published". If you upload a file, with the File Manager or FTP, it is immediately available to the internet. There is no need for an extra "publish website" step.

You should be able to view your uploads immediately after the upload finishes. Just put the URL of the web site in your browser. If you don't see the upload immediately, you need to force a couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R). This will force your browser to update itself from the internet.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

thanks for the help

Browser: explorer