This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Javascript and CSS

Does bravenet support javascript and CSS coz my site isn't working here where as on local it is working. Coding is correct.

Browser: Firefox

Re: Javascript and CSS

Yes. From your message I gather you just wanted this question answered, and want to find the problem on your own once that matter has been cleared up?

wanted to put mootools slideshow on here but its dsnt seem to display anything other than html or text
http://groups.google.com/group/mootools-slideshow?pli=1

this is wat i want to put.

What you want to put doesn't tell us what you did wrong, does it?

its a slideshow and the link is given up about wat xactly it is.

here is another example of wat xactly im putting

http://www.electricprism.com/aeron/slideshow/example1.html

What Corwings is asking for is, the URL for web page where you are having problems. If we could see the page we can possibly tell you what you might have done wrong or what files you are missing. It's always good to include a link to the page you are having problem with, or to a test page, when your asking for help. If you want to keep that private, help will be a little clumsy or non-existent.

Javascript and CSS files run in your browser, not on the Bravenet servers. The Bravenet servers only send the files to the visitors browser. So, yes, Javascript and CSS files are usable on all Bravenet free and paid sites.

You need to check that you uploaded everything necessary for the slide show. From the File manager you should see your HTML file plus three folders, "css", "images", and "js". The "css" folder contains the style sheet and CSS background images. The "images" folder contains your images. And the "js" folder contains all the Javascript for the slide show. All of the folders and their contents must exist and be relative to the HTML file that is running the slide show.

Here is an example of the Slide Show running on a free Bravenet web site. I had to add several "divs" with non-blanking spaces at the end to keep the advertisements from overlaying the thumbnail images. You may not need them if the slide show is imbedded in an existing web page.

Be careful of how big your images are. It's very easy to go over the 5 MByte limit on Bravenet free sites. The images in the demo average about 100 KBytes each and their thumbnail images are only 17 KBytes.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Thank you people i got the solution. It was stupid of me to not put the css , images , js into different folders lol, i did that and its solved now :D thank you very much