This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HELP!!!

when i try to go to my website i get this message

Sorry! You are not authorized to view this page...
You might not have permission to view this directory or page. If you are attempting to browse a directory, it is possible that directory browsing has been disabled by the site owner.

How do i fix it???? please help My space isnt full and my root is still the same. All i did was add 4 photos and publish it. went to veiw website and cant, cant even veiw others so must not be just my site but my settings????
Thanks,
Cassandra

Re: HELP!!!

4 photos - if they were optimised for the web that would have been less than 200k. If you uploaded them straight off your digital camera then they would go way over the 5meg limit.

You should always size the images with a photo editing program such as Irfanview before uploading.

You could have deleted or renamed your index.html. However, when I try to go to iggies.html or greatdane.html or Ibizianhounds.html they appear to be unavailable too.

So I'm guessing that you forgot to optimize the 4 photos you talked about before uploading. Either that, or you forgot that your space has now been reduced to 5 megabytes. What are the size of those 4 photos?

not sure of the sizes but i resized them alot smaller and i also just deleted them off. so they are not on there. the root directory is still index.html. Maybe my husband can figure it out when he has time this weekend. But it was weird that i add those and then cant even get to the main page or anything so i thought deleteing them would help but guess not. Thanks, ill just have hubby do it

I get the impression from posts here that the space doesn't become free the second that you delete a file. What the exact process is I don't know but I do know that the same thing happens on our servers at work.

when did space reduce? maybe thats why, it was ALOT bigger before right? Might have to go thru the whole website and take pictures off/and or resize them.