This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My links are dead after publishing!

Hello, I've just published a web site for the first time that I've created in Dreamweaver. While I can see the home page, all of the navigation links are dead (they worked before publishing them. In addition, I have some images published on the web site (www.tnoel.bravehost.com/gallery) and the links to the image pages on that page are also dead. These all tested fine in Dreamweaver. Ok, so what am I doing wrong while publishing my web files? Thanks, Mark

Re: My links are dead after publishing!

The links are all pointing to your c: drive. I don't know Dreamweaver but this was an endemic problem with FrontPage at one time. If everything is in the same folder you just want the file name in the link, nothing else.

Re: My links are dead after publishing!

It took me a bit but yes, that was exactly the problem. It also took me a bit more but I was able to edit all of my links that had a path that reflected my C drive by removing the path information from the link text since the files were indexed when I FTP'ed them over from my PC. That worked, all my links worked again and I learned something. So.....a sunny (8degrees here at the moment....), happy day! Take care. Mark