This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cannot view website

i changed my website color theme and now i cannot even pull it up. i know it may be a simple thing, i even read a post about something similar to do with a root directory and index.html, but i don't know how to fix it still. please, if you know how to undo the change made, let me know. thanks
this is what happens if you type in my web address:

www.premiumstonesurfaces.com

403 Forbidden

sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.....

Browser: internet explorer

Re: cannot view website

Could it have to do with your use of "html1 files"?
As in
http://www.premiumstonesurfaces.bravehost.com/index.html1

Do you have free hosting? If yes:

Check your storage limit - are you over the new storage limit of 5mb?

If so, reduce the size of your website before publishing again. Try reducing image sizes to save space on your hosting.

please explain. html1 files? and how do i fix it?

html1 files are what a page of your website comes out to be

but as said your problem could be you are over the 5mb limit of space with the free hosting/subdomain

you need to check the size of your pages and more and any HUGE images you may have need to resize with irfanview and upload again and then rework your webpages as well you have and reupload them as well to get your pages down so you are UNDER the 5mb space limit you have

Until you do that no site will be visible

yep. i was over. i deleted all but one page and no photos and i'm still over by 2MB. funny how this only started after i paid for two years of fees!

Lora -

Try reducing the size of your images - pages have hardly any size to them at all and you can have hundreds on them with free hosting. If you look at your files in the file manager you can see their size. Most photos should be 100K and under.

Courtnie