This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
[Password Protect] My homepage is still accessible after PP why?

I apologize for I am unable to understand any instructions given for this. I searched help forum. (I'm 100% new here as of now)

I found the PP area and added my homepage URL under my own username & account access password; then I created a new user name and new password & added the same homepage URL under that new account as well. (I wish to share my website with only 1 other person).

I hit publish site.

Yet when I log out I am still able to view my entire website (homepage) and no password is required so the whole word can still see my private stuff.

What am I doing wrong please? How do you get your homepage PP'd so no one can see my website?

Please: I need easy instructions step by step: I am completely new at this and what I tried is not working. I find the instructions given missing info or too vague for me.

It says to password protect [PP]: http://wiki.bravenet.com/How_do_I_restrict_access_to_a_page_I_created_in_the_Website_Wizard_using_the_Password_Protect_service%3F

2. Click on your website URL
3. Click on File Manager

Then once you have the page created, you can update the user account to point to it. <--No idea what this sentence means. "to point to it" what?

Then no further instructions given other than changes will not appear in Website manager, which I use. I don't know how to work with File Manager or without Web Manager.

Thank you for your time & kind help.
LVL123

Browser: Mozilla Firefox