This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help!!!!!uploading help

Why is it so hard to get immediate help at Bravenet.
I cannot load using ftp it says success at filezilla and directory is listed but my site will not upload. Why can't we get assistance immediately or by phone?
It is very frustrating when you want to use bravenet, but cannot get help. Shouldn't you have a phone number for customer or member service? I want to upgrade, but not without help.

Browser: internet explorer

Re: help!!!!!uploading help

If your ftp program says you are successful, how do you know that you aren't? Could be you are uploading to the wrong place, from your message, it seems as if you are not quite sure about your URL. Could be you tried to think of a more clever filename than index.html for your main page? Have you checked in file manager?

A telephone number for instant help with free sites? No, on second thought, there is no reason to laugh. When you look at what some people are doing on the internet for free, why not? But I had the impression that Bravenet is actually a business.

well if your site is festivaltimesmagazineonline.bravehost.com

you have no index.html page yet or you have stuff on there that took you over the 5mb limit for space

so check to make sure you don't have any oversized images and more things

but as said you may not have published your index.html page to the proper area or you are over the 5mb of limit of space for free subdomain/free hosting

if need more help beyond this open a support ticket

When I use filezilla the message receive is 226 complete and directory listing successful. What do I do next? It says my file transfer was complete. How do I up load or get my index html page in. And how do I get a help ticket done quickly?

If your ftp program says you are successful, how do you know that you aren't?

Could it be you are uploading to the wrong place? (from your message, it seems as if you are not quite sure about your URL. )

Could it be you tried to think of a more clever filename than index.html for your main page?

Have you checked in file manager?

And yes, what is the total size of the files you are trying to upload? And could we have the name of some other page (not index.html) on your site?

It is my impression that the best way to get help with a ticket is to ask good questions and include all the information that is relevant to your questions.

When I go to file manager to upload, I got a message that the file was too large. Is 52.5 kb larger than 5mb this is confusing. If I upgrade will I be able to publish 52.5 Kb the size of my website. Please advise as soon as possible.

if you have stuff that is too big to upload like images and more then resize in irfanview is a program where you can resize images

You need to get those things down to an appropriate size and not have something that is too big to upload even with the ftp applet or such too

Still I would do this with things even if you plan to upgrade because people out there STILL have dial up and if you have something huge they won't even take the time of day to stick around and more

Thanks for you information, but you don't understand.
This is a Publisher's file with 28 pages and is 52.7 kbs. There are images on each page but not very large. If I upgrade can these pages upload? I see in the file manager that the bandwidth is 52.7. Can this size be uploaded if I upgrade?