This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Renewed Domain and Hosting

After realizing my domain expired late November I quickly renewed it along with my hosting for two months. I still can not see my website. It redirects to a page with Sponsored listings. I paid for everything I needed and still my website isn't working. what's going on?

Browser: Safari

Re: Renewed Domain and Hosting

Looks OK to me. Says:

I'm 24 years old and live in Southern California where I stay with my mother,.......

Really? I can't see it when i go to the site... what the heck! I'll try to use Firefox.

nope i can't see my site :(

Curious. It is really there. How recently did you renew the domain? And have you been using Firefox recently enough that both browsers may be showing you cached versions?
Photobucket

i usually use Safari and I just cleared my cache and still showing the same thing. I renewed my domain a few days ago and bought two months of hosting. I still just see a sponsoring link page.

I see the same thing that Corwings sees. It's common for registrars to park a domain when it expires. They usually give the owner a couple of weeks to come through with the rent, before it goes up for sale.

A quick look at the Whois information on your domain says you updated the registration on Dec 7. That was yesterday, not a couple of days ago. Your registrar may have been slow to record your payment. This is often slowed down by weekends and holidays. It may be another 24 hours before the DNS nearest you requests an update.

Domain Name: JAMORARO.COM
Registrar: DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Name Server: NS3.BRAVEHOST.COM
Name Server: NS4.BRAVEHOST.COM
Updated Date: 07-dec-2009
Creation Date: 24-nov-2008
Expiration Date: 24-nov-2010

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 09:54:54 UTC <<<

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....