This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Registration verification email FAIL - Hotmail rejection

I have a community website based off of Nuke-Evolution Xtreme (php-nuke). Some of you may know what it is. When a user registers, they get a verification email to verify their email address is valid and active (and that they own it). Im sure everyone knows this process. Well hotmail or live.com users aren't getting these emails because the live.com servers are rejecting them for some reason. Any ideas why?

Copy of returned email from "Mail Delivery System [MAILER-DAEMON@rosberg.vc.bravenet.com]"
>COPIED FROM "details.txt" ATTACHMENT<

>>>>>>BEGIN<<<<<<
Reporting-MTA: dns; rosberg.vc.bravenet.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 3FEC431026B
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; webmaster@tennisonet.com
Arrival-Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:28:24 -0800 (PST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; >HIDDEN<@live.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;>HIDDEN<@live.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx2.hotmail.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for
policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with
spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not
an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider
for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for
email delivery information and support
>>>>>END<<<<

why is it doing this and how could it be fixed WITHOUT opening a support ticked through Bravenet? (heard its SLOOWWW by reading forums)

EDIT: the website is hosted via bravenet premium of course, and the website is configured to send from the bravenet email i set up through the hosting: "webmaster@tennisonet.com"
forgot to mention that, may be important to know that the mail is coming from bravenet's servers..

Re: Registration verification email FAIL - Hotmail rejection

This happens a lot to me here in France, although not to my knowledge on websites. I am not a techie, but it has been explained to me that ISP numbers (your address ID on the internet)are sold here in blocks - usually about 100, so if any one of those 100 are doing a spam at all then everyone gets tarred with the same brush.
They rotate the ISP numbers on my server which doesn't do anythign at all as the same offender can create the problem.
I am told that the only way past this is to buy a dedicated ISP for you alone. No idea how you do that though.
I find it a hoot when Hotmail reject addresses on this basis though as Microsoft are the prime suppliers of mass mailing addresses for spammers!

Re: Registration verification email FAIL - Hotmail rejection

If a mail is bounced with a 550 message you need to contact your email provider. If the mail was sent through Bravenet then raise a ticket.

Browser: firefox