This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problem with index.html file

I'm literally tearing my hairs out because i have no idea whats wrong with this!
I have Dreamweaver CS4 and Im using the "FTP upload" thing where its connected directly to the server. I have my root folder and everything and all files work perfectly fine.
BUT.. for some reason my index file is the ONLY one that doesn't work!
If you go to iglesiagraciaypaz.net you see everything all scrambled but when you go to
http://iglesiagraciaypaz.net/mujieres.html its perfectly fine and you can surf around.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
P.S my index file works perfectly fine when previewed on Dreamweaver (it does contain a flash file -movie clip-)

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

Re: Problem with index.html file

You "index.html" page looks scrambled because the references to your style sheets are not the same as your other page. Below is a listing from our "index.html" file. Notice the "html/" at the beginning of each "src" or "href" specification. That is saying that everything is located in a folder named "html".

Code:
<title>Gracia y Paz</title>
< script src="<span style="font-weight:bold;">html/</span>SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
< script src="<span style="font-weight:bold;">html/</span>Scripts/swfobject_modified.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
: : :
: : :
<link href="<span style="font-weight:bold;">html/</span>SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="<span style="font-weight:bold;">html/</span>SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarVertical.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

But your other pages says the following. Notice the difference in the "src" and "href" specifications.

Code:
< script src="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link href="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarVertical.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Probably, on your PC, the files exist in both places. But when it uploads, it only outputs the files that are in the "SpryAssets" and "Script" folders. To fix the "index.html" page, open it in a text editor and remove the "html/" from all of the "src" and "href" specifications. This included your menu references. You can do this on line easily, but I don't specifically know how you would fix Dreamweaver to reference the files correctly. Maybe they have the answers on one of the Dreamweaver forums.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: Problem with index.html file

Thankyou so much! :) problem solved. Not sure where I have the other index.html file in my folder, but i erased all the html/ and it worked. Thanks!