This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Blocking certian IP addresses/BOTS

I have a page on my website for users to contact me. I've been getting a lot of bogus emails with the form filled in with gibberish and what appears to be spam from a BOT. My web design software allows me to use "captcha" to prevent non-human users from submitting a form but this didn't stop the emails. Is there a way that I can block certain IP's or even better an IP range such as 192.168.2.xxx?

I saw a previous post about using the guestbook feature but does this block for the entire website or only when they go to the guestbook page? I'd like to block these IP addresses from accessing the entire website.

Any suggestions?

Browser: Firefox

Re: Blocking certian IP addresses/BOTS

William Deertz
I have a page on my website for users to contact me. I've been getting a lot of bogus emails with the form filled in with gibberish and what appears to be spam from a BOT. My web design software allows me to use "captcha" to prevent non-human users from submitting a form but this didn't stop the emails. Is there a way that I can block certain IP's or even better an IP range such as 192.168.2.xxx?

I saw a previous post about using the guestbook feature but does this block for the entire website or only when they go to the guestbook page? I'd like to block these IP addresses from accessing the entire website.

Any suggestions?

Select message Forum (left hand side)
Click utilities
select IP

The block is on all access to that Bravenet account.

Thought that is what he wanted. he did say block entire web site

Thanks for both of your replies, this is exactly what I was looking for. Although since I've implemented a "captcha" the bogus emails have slowed down somewhat.