This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
please help, with new domain name

I have rgistered new domain with bravenet, also upgraded, and cant figure out how to start using my new domain, I've updated the new nameservers, etc.

Re: please help, with new domain name

Well if you just purchased the domain today and upgraded etc probably takes 1 to 3 days for your domain to propogate to start building

If you bought a Domain like www.yourdomainname.com

So since you provided no URL to even check your site

if you see the bravenet page that says your site is under construction then you can start building

How you do that is up to you

If you want to use bravenet's editors or something of your own

ok, thanx Karen, when I type my new web address in browser, it takes me to my current website, that I have with Bravenet, it just still says, "bravehost" at the top in address bar. so, I guess it's workin, it's just I didnt think the name Bravehost would show up anymore. But thanx. I'm not real computer savvy. I've had my art website up and going for 2 years, that's been with Bravenet. So, recently bought domain, and also upgraded. old site read: www.rickmcqueen.bravehost.com, new one I bought, reads: www.rickmcqueenart.com so, anyway, was just hoping I didn't have to build completely new site. Thanx for reply though.

The way you have set things up the new domain redirects to the old site and shows the old site name. That doesn't sound like that was the result you wanted but it is what you did and it is working properly.

If you hadn't used the Wizard for the original site then fixing things would be trivial. As it is the best solution is the boring and time consuming one of physically rebuilding the site under the new name. Before trying that raise a support ticket and see if Bravenet can do this automatically for you.