This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
E-mail maximum number of recipients

Hello
Please advise how many recipients can receive one e-mail. We want to perhaps e-mail up to 1000 people at a time. Is it possible? Are there further charges for this? How many mb for each e-mail?
Thank you.
Penny

Re: E-mail maximum number of recipients

That is a bit much of e-mailing 1000 people all at once

Putting in people as bcc's and cc's and such and more

That is a bit much especially with replying and more things

I would break it up into groups or something

Thanks. That's sensible!
The association I am a volunteer with may need to e-mail up to 1000 e-mails out to residents, which is why I am trying to find the best way of doing it without paying for a business line service.
Would you recommend using Bravenet e-mail facility or my internet provider service? I don't know anything, as yet, about the Bravenet facility!
Penny

Bravenet provides emails as part of their web hosting they also provide a separate mailing list management service. As you are posting in the hosting forum the previous reply assumed the former rather than the latter, as did I on reading your first post.

Any managed mailing list service will require users to explicitly opt in on-line. Many won't bother, also opt-in messages are often zapped by spam filters. You will have difficulty reaching Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL customers. That isn't a Bravenet thing, it will be the same with any service provider.

Your own ISP may restrict the number of recipients you can have on an email.

For the mailing list that I used to run for a voluntary group (around 200 addresses) I used the Pegasus email client which has a nice mailing list function and sent them through the SMTP server of the company thant registered our domain name.

Thanks for replying Peter.