This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Separate admin access for my sites?

Hi all
I have paid hosting with bravenet, and I was wondering if it was possible to set up a separate admin access to a site under my hosting package? The reason I ask, is I have several websites set up under this hosting, and my kid brother has asked me if he can set up his own site under my hosting package. Is there a way to give him separate admin access to just his site so I don't have to give him access to all my sites, or will I just have to get him to design his site and then upload everything for him? He's still in school, and is desperate to start his own site without having to pay LOL. I'm happy to help him, I just wanted to know if he can have his own separate access to his site or if I'll have to do it all for him....

Thanks in advance for any help

Re: Separate admin access for my sites?

I think you can set up seperate ftp login for each site you have hosted but in terms of your main bravenet account would have to have access to your login there and would be able to see everything

But if using an outside source to design etc I think you can give him a seperate ftp account to upload files and more but as far as to the main bravenet area only your login I do believe

Re: Separate admin access for my sites?

Ok, thanks for that :-) I might get him to get filezilla or something and just make his own ftp account for him so he can upload without me. Thanks for your help