This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
website forbidden

why is it that when I log in to my hosted URL, automatically the forbidden issues come up? I don't have the permission to view the directory, why? The site is very important, why is it that you disabled it? Is it because you want the paid domain or what? Can you explain to me?

Browser: INternet exlporer

Re: website forbidden

Why not check to see how much space you have used up

Your site is probably down due to you are over the 5mb limit you have with free hosting

so need to go through and delete some of those huge files you may have like images

Too many just put up images on their webpages WITHOUT using a graphics program to optimize them/size them down to an APPROPRIATE Size to be posted on the web and more

So check there and as said remove some of those huge files, get a graphics program like irfanview to resize those images if you have lots of images on your site and more too

Then publish your index.html page again and should come up

Also make sure your index.html page is published in your ROOT directory

But this hosting change has been known for some time and more and clearly you have not been keeping up and more

Re: website forbidden

Almost certainly you are over the new 5 megabyte limit for free sites. These three images were displayed on your site the same apparent size as here:

Photobucket<

But instead of 8 kilobytes for the lot of them, you were using huge images totalling 213 kilobytes. You do not need the paid domain. You just need to stop wasting webspace and bandwidth.

You had, what, 10 pages? With properly optimized images you should be able to host 50 pages like the ones I looked at with lots of space left over.