This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trouble viewing site! Whats my URL!

I am having an extremely hard time trying to view my site... all of my files have been uploaded through ftp but i'm still unclear how to get to my home page which is the index.html page. Maybe its just me but this is complicated. Any help would be greatly apreciated

Browser: internet explorer

Re: Trouble viewing site! Whats my URL!

Your URL is what you said it is. The reason you see nothing is because you are trying to use frames without a noframes section. On Bravehost, that results in a blank page.

The frames seem to be mangled a bit, or possibly you deliberately commented out some of the code. But please realize that frames are not supported at free Bravehost websites. You can get the frames to work, but you will have advertising on each page - meaning in each frame.

Scrolling="no" in your top frame will probably result (when you add the noframes and body tags) in visitors seeing just the advertising, and being unable to scroll down to content.

When you get rid of the frames, consider the following:
The reef image in your menu is 231 647 bytes. The spamain image on your services page is 2 270 bytes. Less than 1%. Always resize and optimize before uploading images.