This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What happens to my free website if I pay for a domain name?

If I get a domain name what happens to my free website? I don't want to have to design all of my webpages again.

Browser: IE

Re: What happens to my free website if I pay for a domain name?

I did this not too long ago, when you purchase your domain name it starts it as a whole new site, you will still have the old one in your list of websites but the new name without the .bravehost will be like starting all over.
What I did, was select the same template and layout then opened both websites in different tabs and copy and past everything over to the new one so that I didnt have to start all over again, it took a little while but worth it for the .bravehost removed.
I may be wrong and if I am I will kick myself in the butt for doing things the hard way. Good luck.

Browser: Firefox

Pam
I did this not too long ago, when you purchase your domain name it starts it as a whole new site, you will still have the old one in your list of websites but the new name without the .bravehost will be like starting all over.
What I did, was select the same template and layout then opened both websites in different tabs and copy and past everything over to the new one so that I didnt have to start all over again, it took a little while but worth it for the .bravehost removed.
I may be wrong and if I am I will kick myself in the butt for doing things the hard way. Good luck.

Do you have to pay for an upgrade package TOO?.....or can you use the bravenet wizard and everything just tha same as with the old web site (bravenet.com). I am having problems.......I maxed out my old, free web site (apparently). I cannot afford the various upgrade packages. What happens when you buy a domain name? You just get the name, right? You don't get extra space or MB, do you?

Browser: Internet Explorer 8

OH now that's what I was thinking about too. lol
I did that with a couple of my pages, made backups.
Guess I could do it if I decided to upgrade too.
thanks!

Browser: IE

Bravenet has changed their hosting especially with the free hosting

you ONLY get 5mb of space for your whole site and 1.5gb of bandwidth

So if you want just a simple little website that is ok but if you are wanting more then you can look around at other hosting places to see what offer with their free hosting. Some do have more space and that as I have been at a couple other places but took down my sites because just don't have the time to keep up with them etc

But people were overusing the space allotted when bravenet had 50mb of space for free hosting so decided to drop back and figured if you wanted a full out site then you should upgrade