This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
page of web links only

http://www.geocities.com/temprms/home
Bravenet tells me that little bravenet cannot do this on a free site like yahoo could.
a picture as a background and clear gifs images in front of each - linking to the website would do.

so how do i just make a page of internet links?
thanks

Re: page of web links only

Could you be more clear about what you want to do that you cannot do on bravenet? Except for a conflict with the advertising if you use this absolute positioning on a free site, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to upload exactly the same page to Bravehost.

(see?)

looks great - even covered the ads.
how do i do that?
thanks

also
I have divided a picture into slices so i can reassemble it - each slice as a link.
but so far it wont let me put the pictures where i need to to reassemble the picture.
Maybe it is the same..."if you use this absolute positioning on a free site"

Covering the ads is actually a bad idea - your site may be deleted for violating Terms of service. Shouldn't be a big problem, you just need to spend a little more time than I was willing to give a demonstration, and change the coordinates so that you start your page just below the advertising.

Actually, using a single image as an image map will probably be simpler. See this tutorial

I agree covering the ads is a bad idea!
but i still do not see how to put a layer image like the one above. the links work - great. and how to position it.
but i still do NOT understand how in bravenet to create the page!
I have the source code from my other page (not in bravenet) if that is a help.
thanks for your patience!