This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Powerpoint etc

Is it possible to add a short Powerpoint presentation to a paid hosted website? If so how?
Secondly I bought a pageturning programme to demonstrate my books and although it says the converted file has been uploaded to BraveHost I can't find it anywhere (done via ftp). Ideas anybody?

Re: Powerpoint etc

Powerpoint. Anybody viewing will need a program that reads powerpoint. Either MS Office or Open Office. Just upload and link in the normal way. You can also convert the whole thing to framed web pages within PP, the html generated is "less worse" than most MS generated html but will loose any animations.

The program that you uploaded already is wherever you uploaded it. If you used a command line driven FTP program then you may have put it in the wrong place. Use a free drag and drop program such as Filezilla and you should be able to find it.

Re: Powerpoint etc

Thanks Peter. I have used Filezilla, but the programme is called Page2pageturner. I think I must be messing up the address panels, as I am assuming the http address required is Bravenet.com and the FTP address is my ftp account with Bravehost. Is that right? I can find the html file in my ecatalgues folder on my computer, with an Explorer html shown under 'Index', but can't find it on my Bravehost image file, so that would seem to indicate an address problem wouldn't it?

Thanks for the Powerpoint advice, but I am sorry I don't know what is the 'normal way' to upload. Is it via the Image ID or the Link ID on the webpage?
Sorry to be obtuse, but being a 70-year old novice, some things elude me!

Finally if I can intrude on your time a little more. I wanted to change my website but could not find a way of using the one chosen from my Favorites Gallery.
All I could access was the 'build-your-own' which I had used earlier and didn't like, hence the desired change, or the Themed ones which were not suitable.
I deleted the previous website to start again, but although the previous one has gone, I can't start another and I see that the space allowance still shows the space used previously.

Obviously I have done something wrong, but I don't know what, so any further advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Norm