This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Transfer of domain

Hi! I need to transfer a domain name registered with Elite Registrations to Bravenet as a matter of urgency; the client's former web designer is playing silly buggars and has redirected our new clien't website to his own company's so if you enter our clients url you end up with the former web designers!

Do I just need to have him point the URL to Brvenet's IP address or do I have to reconfigure the DNS settings for this domain?

Quick response gratefully received

Browser: IE8

Re: Transfer of domain

Log into your Bravenet account to get your nameserver settings and to set up the exact Bravenet location that you want the name to point to.

Then log in to your Elite account and use their control panel to redirect the domain to Bravenet using the nameservers that you noted down from Bravenet.

Thanks Peter,

Prob is the web design company, Web by Numbers, are resellers for Elite and as such control the whole thing. Our prob is that web by numbers are playing a hard game here; obviously because they have lost their client's business to us. Apart from sending the boys round to see him - anybody got any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks!

Browser: IE8

Warning to others, don't leave domain name acquisition and registration to a third party.

The linked page gives details of the "uniform domain name dispute resolution policy"

i thought there was a free url redirect from bravenet? like clix.to/username ??

bravenet did away with the redirect service