This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ip addresses question for bravent

I was a recent visitor to a bravenet forum where I happen to notice 4 different posters that all had the same IP address to the left of their post under their name and one of them was the guy who runs the forum.
I politely asked "why do you 4 all have the same ip address?"
to which he replied "I just checked with BraveNet they have same forwarding IP address for all users. It was disabled before but with their recent update somehow it was "on" again. By law they are not allowed to show IP addresses of the people posting so they chose to show one forwarding IP address which obviously not always worked. I have notified them of this issue."

then all the ip addresses magically disappeared from the threads.

can someone from bravenet please confirm what this guy is saying is complete hogwash.
I know he is the one who has the ability to show/not show ip addresses.
I'm pretty sure he's just some strange guy with way too much time on his hands.
thanks

Re: ip addresses question for bravent

Just move on.

Some people just want to stir things up at their forums and more

Heck anyone can post at these forums. I can post and come back and post under another name or ID and more

I wouldn't worry about it

Could be a case where he has a family using the same computer and their IP's are the same and more.

Now perhaps he wanted to show the IP and more on his forum but still with people who want to be that way as he is I would just move on from them.

THey are not worth the time.

You want to know the FAQ's with the service go read the faq's section

Re: ip addresses question for bravent

It makes no difference to the forum display if the underlying website is hosted at Bravenet or elsewhere. (As you posted in the Hosting forum rather than the Services forum I guess that was what you were actually wondering)

In the forum service the IP display is switchable by the site owner. The most likely reason is that the site owner was trying to make an inactive forum look busy by posting under multiple names.

Browser: firefox