This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Saved Changes are not published

I am just wondering why my saved changes in the file manager are not being published, is there a separate step to publishing a site, if so what is is? Thanks in advance.

Browser: Google Chrome

Re: Saved Changes are not published

I have the same problems. Usually by the end of the day after I edit my page, I can go to the site and the changes are shown but today they aren't. I use the file manager too and the files that I uploaded let's say of today's date.....10/19.....they should show up, but yet my page is still showing the changes I made on 10/16. I am frustrated as you probably are.

Browser: AOL/I.E. 7

VIcki you have 2 pages on your site that are the SAME PAGE

just DIFFERENT NAMES

so be sure of what page you are even updating

also if you are using the wizard you need to stay using the wizard and publish there

if you are mixing the wizard and the visual/text editor and you publish at the wizard then any changes you have made in the visual/text editor are lost

so you need to decide on whether you use the Visual/text editor you have to stay there and publish there

DO NOT go to the wizard to publish your site if you have moved away from that editor

Before I commented on this, I had also asked the question in the forum about my changes not showing up and that member.....a member named Todd, told me I didn't have two pages and I needed to rename my Scramble page to index.html. So now you are saying I have two?? ha ha I am only editing one, the same one I've been editing since September. When I first created my page, I DID have two and was told by this very forum to delete one, so I did. So now I'm being told by you I have two and may be editing the wrong one and Todd is saying I need to make another one. I am totally confused now.

But to let you know, I don't use the web wizard, I only use the file manager to do my editing by going into the HTML coding where I do my changes then save them, which I always get an "okay" that the changes have been saved.

Thanks,
Vicki

when you posted in here first you had 2 pages and both were same page

you had your main homepage and the scramble page which was linked to your homepage

in your other post you DELETED THE WRONG page which was your main homepage and had the 403 error page there so yes you were told what to do there because you had different situations happening when you posted your main topic

So as said in that thread where Todd posted just rename your scramble_time.html page to index.html and the 403 error should be history and more

if you look at the link you provided it you will see in your navigation area you have home and scramble

so both links went to different named pages but were the SAME page BEFORE you deleted the WRONG ONE

Now go back and do what was said here and you should have your homepage back because your main page to your site NEEDS TO BE index.html

NOT scramable_time.html

And since we don't know fully what changes you have made since you don't have much to your website we can ONLY go by what WE see and post it in our replies

Hi again Steve, okay then, I will go rename the page to have the ending of index.html instead of just html.

Gosh, I must be brain-dead. ha ha

Thanks!!

Vicki

I am having the same problem with my saved changes not showing up. My website has lost the saved color layout and template to now just show up as white with my framed box moved way down the page. The words "Navigation", Guest Book, and Links are now huge. It is all messed up and I didn't do anything to make them this way that I know of. I have fixed this now a dozen times and the saved changes still won't show up. Is it a Bravenet glitch or something else? My url is http://hopefrombeyond.bravehost.com

Thank you,

LillyHFB