This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Changes Not Saved

Hi,

I am new at this so bear with me. I was able to start my new site which is a Scramble page and even make changes to it last week. But for some reason, the changes I made to it today, 9/28 are not saving. It tells me the changes are saved but yet when I pull up my page, it's the old stuff from 9/22. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Vicki

Browser: AOL

Re: Changes Not Saved

Your page says "October 2.d"?
But I see you have two identical (as far as I could tell) pages. That way, it may be easy to get confused about which page you are updating.

So okay, when you say I have "two" pages saved, what did I do wrong? I only need one page but I did notice according to my acct. manager I DO have two pages, one under one account and another under another one. I noticed it's now coming up okay with my changes. So does it take time? And what should I do about the two pages?

Thanks, I really do need direction it seems.

Vicki

what you have is your main index.html page which is what your homepage is supposed to be

and you have another page called scramble_time.html

that is an exact duplicate of the home page

Why not make your main homepage something about what your little site is.

Then make the scramble_time.html page the page with the scramble on it

If you don't need the scramble page then delete it and just have your one homepage.

If all you are going to use your site for is to have a couple words on it to unscramble then to me you don't need the 2nd page

Okay, so what you're saying is, I don't need both pages? I have no idea why there's two. I only made one when I did the layout with the wizard program. Okay, so if I delete one, it won't hurt anything, is that right? I tell ya, GeoCities was so much easier. ha ha Guess I'll never make it in the computer world designing websites.

Thanks so much for your quick response.

Hugs,
Vicki