This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
need help with my e-mail form

I already have an e-mail form to put on my webpage. When I tested it not all of the form showed up in my e-mail , the message said to upgrade. What package do I use? All I want is for the form to work, nothing fancy.

Browser: IE8

Re: need help with my e-mail form

you apparently are moving your site here from Geocities I presume

You may be over the 5mb limit with bravenet's free hosting space limit they now have.

So perhaps that is why your form is not working.

You don't have much but a little text about going to a geocities page on your site so far.

So if you have a lot of files you may be flirting with your limit and more.

So would look into upgrading to a paid hosting plan or find another place where you can have more space with free hosting if you want it.

But this space amount is a change from the 50mb that bravenet recently had with their free hosting plan.

Re: need help with my e-mail form

I assume you mean that you are trying to use the same e-mail form you have on your Geocites site, on Bravenet. The free e-mail form service on Bravenet has a limit of 30 form elements. Anything beyond the 30 elements will be truncated. To extend that to 200 form elements, upgrading to "Email Forms Professional" is necessary. The free service also has a limit on how much data you can transfer per month. Again, upgrading is necessary to increase that limit.

Bravenet does not limit you to using their e-mail for service. You might want to put the string "free e-mail form service" in a google search and look for other email form services. There are several other places that will probably meet your requirements.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....