This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cant view my website ftp://ftp1.bravehost.com/

ive been trying and really frustrating right now i already uploaded all the files needed and when i check my website it says like this...pls help me. tnx a lot.

FTP root at ftp1.bravehost.com
To view this FTP site in Windows Explorer, click Page, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/26/2009 03:27AM Directory web

Browser: IE8

Re: Cant view my website ftp://ftp1.bravehost.com/

You really signed on for a website called http://ftp1.bravehost.com/????

Well, I see from your email that your last name starts with an F. So maybe it is an abbreviation for something that is meaningful to you. Still, if this is your real URL, I suggest you find another one.

Everyone you give the address to will just think as I did: "Nah, can't be true. He's just confusing his ftp address with his URL"

You only use your FTP account to upload. As you have told us that you have some other way to upload I really don't understand why you are now trying to access the FTP account through IE.

Peter is right ftp is used for uploading files. You might be able to view your files in IE with the ftp account but nobody else will.
Almost sounds to me like your website is not really called ftp1.bravehost.com/ , thats just how you upload.
What is the name of the site you signed up for? If we have that we might be able to help steer you in the right direction.

Browser: IE7