This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Not Authorized to Access ... etc

Please help!.
I've paid for the upgrade (98 USD for 2 yrs) and the upgrade was successful on Monday.
HOWEVER... I still can't gain access. Not authorized... etc
When is this going to be fixed? The website is 14.5 MB, and there isn't anyway it can be rebuilt without days of effort.
Thanks for a quick response!
P.S. Logged a ticket on Monday, but it still hasn't been assigned.

Browser: Mozilla firefox

Re: Not Authorized to Access ... etc

check your ticket online or also make sure you have an index.html page for your site in the root area

that is about all can do at this point if this is related to the 5mb hosting with free hosting I assume you had previously and that was why the upgrade

Thanks John,
Well yes I checked my ticket. Ref # is 355919E9BBDE. I did it Monday night and it is now Wednesday night and status still shows it is unassigned. ???? Seems strange!
Also how do I figure out if there is an index file. I've only done very basic things on this site. Certainly never touch index file since I know that is the key to everything. When I go to "manage files" I don't see any reference to an index in the root or in any of the folders.
More thoughts or insights?
Txs,
Terry

Browser: Mozilla firefox

your main homepage must be called index.html

it looks for your site as

yourdomainname.com/index.html

or if you have the free subdomain

xxxx.bravehost.com/index.html

the 403 error page you have means you have NO index.html page in the main area to be recognized

so either you deleted it
or you have another issue

now since a lot of people have said can't access site we were thinking it was due to the downgrade of the free hosting from 50mb to 5mb and that page would come up if you had your site over the limit and more

But not fully sure if people changing their pages because of this change have deleted their index.html pages altogether and more and now get the error as well

but in your main file manager area you should see a index.html page

or if your homepage is named something else rename it to index.html if you have your homepage in some subfolder then move it out of that subfolder and to your main directory area

I checked my file manager after reading this post. I am having the same problem. How do I check the "TICKET" ?
How do I re establish an "index" page?

Browser: IE

Depending what you use its not really hard to make an index.html file. All you have to do is whatever your using to build the page when you go to save it just save it with the name index.html, you might have to type the name of the page in since your saving it.
I use FrontPage to build my pages and when I save my main page I just name it as index.html to a folder in my computer. Then I use the Bravenet file manager to upload the file.
I would think if your using their site builder tool it would give you the option of naming and saving a page, this is where you would save it as index.html

Browser: IE7

RedBear Majoris, you are quoting a Hotmail address. For some reason Hotmail refuses to deliver the responses from ticketing systems, it won't even go to your junk mail folder.

This isn't a Bravenet issue, I have had the same problem with other companies.

If you remembered to make a note of the ticket number then you can check it by scrolling to the bottom of the Support Ticket page where you will be able to enter the number and check the status.

If you didn't make a note of the number then you will never know the answer.

Browser: firefox

Hi Peter, Red
I use a hotmail address and had a couple of tickets when paid for the upgrade to Pro hosting but domain never got registered.
I never had any trouble with hotmail letting the tickets through. Not sure if maybe different settings in hotmail?
I know some Internet providers block what they consider spam on their own but not sure if that would happen when going to a hotmail address.

Browser: IE7

I am having the same problem of not being able to access my website and yes I have paid the $98.00 for the next two years. I am not sure what to do next. My main page has the right information as well. Does anyone know how or when this problem will be resolved and will Bravenet extend the expiration date on our renewal due to this problem.

I see your site Aaron

If you have an issue with your renewal process or anything OPEN A SUPPORT TICKET

and monitor online so have to keep track of your ticket number

could be the propogation hasn't surfaced to bring the page up for you yet.

So many different issues and more. You only have so much time to renew and your domain becomes available for SOMEONE ELSE to buy it and more and your hosting too.

That's why we ALWAYS SAY RENEW EARLY SO IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS but too many don't pay attention to when their domain's or hosting expire so can prevent problems

I am having the same problem.It was working earlier today but after I did some updating and now no one can access my site.So its Bravenet thats having the problem then?

Thanks
Shelley

Shelley,

Are you using free hosting? If so, please make sure you are not over the new storage limit of 5MB. If you are try reducing image sizes or deleting any files you are no longer using.

Courtnie