This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Disabled

Whenever I try to get into my website or preview it now it's giving me a message saying that it's disabled by the host. It's not. What's going on?

Re: Disabled

Your homepage MUST be index.html

and in your root directory and not in a subfolder etc

when it looks for your page it looks for it as:

quasissanctuary.com/index.html

So you have no index.html page for it to recognize so you get the common 403 error

Cached versions of your site at Google show a free site with oversized images. Is it possible that you have exceeded the new 5 mb limit? If so, resize and optimize your images until the files aren't bigger than what is needed to produce what we actually see on the page. About 10 - 15% of present file size.

i have loads of pics on my website, ive been using for 4 years now, do you really think its fair to reduce the size from 50mb down to 5, ive now lost hundreds of photos....I will ahve to start alll over again. I make no money from my website its a hobbie based site...

Bravenet did have a right to change it.

Too many people were abusing the free hosting space for storage of things only so they had to cut back and more

You can't use up the space for storage of photo's and more things.

Plus with photos some people DO NOT optimize/resize them to an appropriate size and have pictures that are 2mb in size when that is WAY too big and more.

There are other hosts out there and more so just be weary to where you go and more. Or upgrade to paid hosting and you get more space.

You can't have everything for free and more some hosts can't afford giving a ton of space and more